Snowflake Business is a comprehensive selection of multitouch business tools. Share information and collaborate in meetings. Present your company image in engaging environments. Make sure the message to your audience is understood. Easy to use and customisable with your own branded content, this is the suite that sparks magic in your world.
We have added great new functionalities to the Business version of Snowflake.
We added a great new tool to the Whiteboard app. On the right side of the app, you now have the ability to add multiple canvases to your session. This is great for when you are running out of canvas space, or if you want to jump between different canvases, during your brainstorm or other meeting sessions.
Loading external apps on top of Snowflake
As you might know, you can launch external apps from the Snowflake interface, for example your favourite game like Angrybirds or another third party software that you love to use during your daily business activities.
We have now built in a nifty solution to ensure that this app always gets launched on top of Snowflake.
And when you close that third party app after you are done with it, you land right back into the beautiful Snowflake menu that you love.
Zones in the corner menu
The absolutely unique in the world is our Zones app, which allows you to run multiple applications at the same time, which is ideal for truly multi-user multitouch scenarios. You can for example split your screen up in 2 sections, where you use the left part of the screen for Media file presentation and the right side of the screen for browsing the web.
Alternatively you can split up the screen in 4 zones, which is ideal for multi-user tabletop situations, where multiple people sit around a table. The great thing about Snowflake is that each zone can be flipped 180 degrees and be rotated towards the user.
We have added the Zones icon to the corner menu for easy access. Don’t like the Zones button in the corner menu? No problem, you can easily disable it in the Configurator.
Sending PDF’s from Media to the PDF app
With our industry unique inter app communication protocol, we for example previously already support sending content Media to Stage and from Media to Media.
Now it is also possible to send PDFs from Media to the PDF app. So for example, load Zones, which is both an app icon as well as an icon in the corner menu. Accordingly launch Media and PDF, each in a Zone and you are ready to go. It is that easy.
Custom icons for each PDF
Due to popular demand (yes we love to listen to our users ), we added the ability to set custom icons for each PDF in the list in the PDF app.
Placing a PNG image with the same name as a PDF file, in the same folder as the PDF file, will set that image as the icon for the PDF file in the app.
License registration made easier
Sometimes if you are behind a firewall or a proxy, you might experience a problem when activating your Snowflake license. With Snowflake 4.7.1, we added a handy feature to the proxy settings of the license activation. Simply check a box and Snowflake will automatically use your current set proxy settings. Problem solved
Auto send photos from Photobooth to Stage
If you are running Photobooth in parallel to Stage in Zones, photos taken in Photobooth will automatically be displayed on Stage. This is ideal for situations, where you’d want to connect an additional display to Snowflake to highlight the photos made in Photobooth.
Want to be able to show your target audience videos and images while the screen has been inactive for a while? We have the solution for you. Gallery is a handy screensaver tool that allows you select a wide range of images and videos that can be played while in screensaver mode.
Below you find the entire change log / release notes list:
- Added 12 Entertainment Plus apps to Snowflake Entertainment, meaning it is no longer an add-on, but included out of the box
- Added the ability to create multiple canvases in Whiteboard and switch between them
- Added the ability to launch external apps on top of Snowflake
- Added Zones by default to the corner menu (can be disabled in the Configurator)
- Added sending PDFs from Media to PDF
- Added custom icons setting for PDFs in the PDF app
- Added the possibility to use the computers default proxy settings when activating a license
- Added auto display function for Stage, when photos are sent from Photobooth
- Added Gallery, a screensaver slide show for images and videos
- Fixed bugs and made improvements to Annotate, Deflector, Couronne, Slider, Browser, Video Draw, Configurator, Draw, Media, Puzzle, Zong, Pool, Hotspot, Connledge, MyFeed (widget), Photobooth, Warp, Froggy, Slots, Gravitoy, Untangle, Whiteboard, Curling, Quiz, Media widget, Twitter, Snowdoku, Pinball, License registration, Guestbook, Labyrinth and Currency widget
- General improvements and fixes
If you have questions, suggestion or feedback, please leave them in the comments section below.
Find the long list of all improvements in almost 8 years of Snowflake history in the change logs / release notes here.
You can download Snowflake here.
Request your temporary evaluation license key today, via firstname.lastname@example.org.